Obligations of Membership
The club depends on members to help with routine work. When you sign up for membership you’ll receive notices for help required for the following
- dock installation and removal
- storage of boats for winter
- assisting with Learn2Row classes
- assisting at regattas and fundraisers
- assisting with club sub-committees
Benefits of Membership
Named team members affiliated with an organization (students, faculty, employees) qualify for 50% discount on non-member rowing fees and may purchase any package of their choosing (or the choice selected for them by their organization)
- Any member (individual or organizational participating member) may invite up to three additional family members or friends to Learn2Row classes at 50% reduced rates, and on completion of Learn2Row, they may continue at the same 50% discounted rowing fees with no additional membership fees in the first year.
- Rowers have a choice to participate in classes either together as a group or as individuals, depending on their schedules and level of commitment
- Weekly fun non-travel competitions on Lake Leelanau at Fountain Point accompanied by campfire/s’mores/potluck with family and friends of participants welcome
- The more schools/organizations/teams participating, the more fun and exciting the races will be and the further all athletes will develop their technical skills, strength and conditioning
- Optional in-state/out of state exciting travel regattas are attended by LLRC and rowers may compete either at club level or representing their specific organization in matching uniforms/swag at additional cost. These and other regatta costs (travel etc.) can be further reduced for institutional participants (even to zero) by organized fundraising & sponsorships by supporters of a specific school or institution.